yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #572 - 7 msgs

Matt Steuart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Dec 17 13:23:01 2002

--------------030705070706040604090007

Thanks for all the help guys!! much appreciated.. Turns out I needed to
update the nettalk version that was included with YDL 2.3 to version
1.5.3.1-1c.  After that and a restart apple talk works perfectly,  on
both our os9 and X machines.
thanks again!
-matt

>I just installed Yellowdog 2.3 on an 8500/180  Everything is working
>fine, except the appletalk server.  I've looked in var/log/messages
>and it says :  uam: uam not found (status=-1)
>
>Also, when I try to connect to the server with osx (10.2.2) it shows up
>in the list of servers, but when I click on it to connect I get the
>error -5002
>
>Not sure what needs to be done here, but any help would be awesome!
>thanks!
>

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:26:03 -0500 (EST)
>From: "nathan r. hruby" <nathan@drama.uga.edu>
>To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
>Subject: Re: Apple talk in 2.3
>

>Google is your friend, but I'll be your buddy today...
>
>On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Matt Steuart wrote:
>

>>I just installed Yellowdog 2.3 on an 8500/180  Everything is working
>>fine, except the appletalk server.  I've looked in var/log/messages
>>and it says :  uam: uam not found (status=-1)
>>

>UAM = User Authentication Method.  netatalk supports guest, randnum, clear
>and DHX authentication mehtods.  I would suggest using Guest (for guest
>access) and DHX.  DHX means you can use two way encryption from client to
>server and not have to maintain a seperate pasword database.  DHX requires
>the most recent AppleShare client (greater than 3.8.6) which ships will
>recent os9's.  Can also be had from apple support website.  This version
>is usable only from MacOS8.6 and above.
>

>>Also, when I try to connect to the server with osx (10.2.2) it shows up
>>in the list of servers, but when I click on it to connect I get the
>>error -5002
>>

>>From http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804
>"-5002 afpBadUAM              AFP Bad UAM"
>

>>Not sure what needs to be done here, but any help would be awesome!
>>thanks!
>>

>There's a HOWTO on the YDL site that you should probably read and follow
>first.  It specificly deals with UAM issues.
>
>http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.3/netatalk.shtml
>
>HTH,
>
>-n

--------------030705070706040604090007

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Thanks for all the help guys!! much appreciated.. Turns out I needed to
update the nettalk version that was included with YDL 2.3 to version
1.5.3.1-1c. &nbsp;After that and a restart apple talk works perfectly, &nbsp;on
both our os9 and X machines. &nbsp; &nbsp;<br>
thanks again!<br>
-matt<br>
 cite="mid20021217190102.212281FBE5@newhope.terraplex.com">
  <pre wrap="">
I just installed Yellowdog 2.3 on an 8500/180  Everything is working
fine, except the appletalk server.  I've looked in var/log/messages
and it says :  uam: uam not found (status=-1)

Also, when I try to connect to the server with osx (10.2.2) it shows up
in the list of servers, but when I click on it to connect I get the
error -5002

Not sure what needs to be done here, but any help would be awesome!
thanks!

--__--__--

Message: 2
Google is your friend, but I'll be your buddy today...

    <pre wrap="">I just installed Yellowdog 2.3 on an 8500/180  Everything is working
fine, except the appletalk server.  I've looked in var/log/messages
and it says :  uam: uam not found (status=-1)

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
UAM = User Authentication Method.  netatalk supports guest, randnum, clear
and DHX authentication mehtods.  I would suggest using Guest (for guest
access) and DHX.  DHX means you can use two way encryption from client to
server and not have to maintain a seperate pasword database.  DHX requires
the most recent AppleShare client (greater than 3.8.6) which ships will
recent os9's.  Can also be had from apple support website.  This version
is usable only from MacOS8.6 and above.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Also, when I try to connect to the server with osx (10.2.2) it shows up
in the list of servers, but when I click on it to connect I get the
error -5002

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
&gt;From <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804">http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=9804</a>
"-5002 afpBadUAM              AFP Bad UAM"

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Not sure what needs to be done here, but any help would be awesome!
thanks!

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
There's a HOWTO on the YDL site that you should probably read and follow
first.  It specificly deals with UAM issues.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.3/netatalk.shtml">http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.3/netatalk.shtml</a>

HTH,

-n
  </pre>