The Install CD...problem.

Tim Landschoot yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 18 19:18:01 2002

It could be the media you are using to burn it. Have you been using the
same type of media for each burn?  I have actually had to try up to 3
differant types of CD-R's to get differant drives to read them.
Sometimes one type is good on one drive but it won't work on another.
Good Luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Jones [mailto:jonesp@mac.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 8:36 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: The Install CD...problem.

Hi all,

I know this is a question for the newbie list but that seems to have=20
almost no traffic, so I am hoping that someone here can help..

I am trying to install YDL 2.3 on my PowerBook G4 (500Mhz). I have=20
downloaded the .iso file from one of the mirrors but I am having great=20
difficulty getting it to burn. I have tried Toast Titanium and Disk=20
Copy in OSX 10.2.2.

The CD burns fine but fails to verify every time. I have re-downloaded=20
the file from another mirror (in binary mode, using Fetch 4) but again=20
the same problem...I looked through the archives of the list, and tried=20
some of the suggestions but to no avail.

I tried to boot from the CD (by holding down the C key and in open=20
firmware) but no luck...obviously the CD is not getting burned=20
correctly.

I only have access to this Mac..

Any ideas? Please?

Paul