The Install CD...problem.

Paul Jones yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Dec 18 18:35:01 2002

Hi all,

I know this is a question for the newbie list but that seems to have
almost no traffic, so I am hoping that someone here can help..

I am trying to install YDL 2.3 on my PowerBook G4 (500Mhz). I have
downloaded the .iso file from one of the mirrors but I am having great
difficulty getting it to burn. I have tried Toast Titanium and Disk
Copy in OSX 10.2.2.

The CD burns fine but fails to verify every time. I have re-downloaded
the file from another mirror (in binary mode, using Fetch 4) but again
the same problem...I looked through the archives of the list, and tried
some of the suggestions but to no avail.

I tried to boot from the CD (by holding down the C key and in open
firmware) but no luck...obviously the CD is not getting burned
correctly.

I only have access to this Mac..

Any ideas? Please?

Paul