Time Problem

Peter Bagnall yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Dec 20 08:46:01 2002

I dont remember the solution is, but I think I know what the problem
is, for what it's worth...

MacOS and Linux use different ways of storing the time in the real time
clock. One (and I forget which way round this is) uses UCT and the
other uses local time. There is a way to force linux to do the same
thing that MacOS does.

What I imagine is happening is that when you boot into MacOS, if you
get the incorrect time and you change it, then, when you reboot into
YDL it's wrong, so you change it there and so on back and forth.

I'm assuming that given the diff is five hours you're on the east
coast, ie five hours behind UTC.

Maybe someone else will be able to provide the rest of the answer!

Pete