PPP daemon died!

Ken Grunke yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 22 00:02:16 2002

Owen Stampflee graciously replied:

>"Finding module dependencies:
>can't open lib/modules/2.2.19-lr/modules.dep for writing
>FAILED
>mount: fs type tmpfs not supported by kernel
>FAILED"

Try the 2.4 kernel. 2.2 doesnt support tmpfs IIRC (or it calls it
something else)

>The two problems you are having are directly correlated as modutils cant
>find the modules even if they exist and such, doesnt load the PPP module.
>
>Owen

Is the 2.4 kernel on the YDL 2.2 install disk?
Since I can't get connected, I can't download it in YDL and if I DL it using Mac
OS I have no way to get it to the Linux partition since I haven't figured out
MOL yet :-(
And there doesn't seem to be floppy disk support or am I wrong?
Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place, as the Mac and the Linux
partitions, although on the same drive, are completely invisible to each other!

Thanks,

Ken