Kernel Panics

Michael Richardson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 22 13:58:01 2002

Hey everyone.
I'm getting a kernel panic when I try to install YDL.  I don't have a
bootable CD, so I copied the /install folder on the CD to the System Folder
in the MacOS.  Using OpenFirmware, I tell it to boot hd:,\\yaboot , as per
instructions.  Then, it loads.  When the boot: prompt comes up, it
automatically puts in install-gui and tries to load.  It can't find vmlinux,
however (actually, it says that the file system is unrecognizable or
corrupted).  I tell it where to find vmlinux- then it can't mount the
filesystem, it needs a root.  So, I tell it to load vmlinux and
root=/dev/hda.  That works, but I get another kernel panic- this time it's
Kernel panic: no init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
And I have no idea where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.
-Michael