Phoenix!

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Dec 29 09:27:01 2002

	Anyone using it? You can get it from Codefactory, as
announced here on 12/12/02.

	It's glorious.  It's still only 0.5 (available from
Mozilla.org), and already it is to Opera 6.03 what 4.0 was to the
old Netscape. It blazes. It juggles tabs like a starfleet of
bumblebees -- if you want it to, and add in some of the extras they
make available under the name of extensions. I do, and did. And
it's not all crufted up with newsreaders, mailers, doilies, buggy
whips, and antimacassars; them as wants such adds 'em on to suit
'emselves.

	Much as I like Opera, that has some catchin' up to do. I'm
already trying to get phoenix to be my default browser -- and
running it, Galeon, and Opera, instead of Galeon, Opera, and
Mozilla. We'll see how it does, for instance, at saving bookmarks
-- the one thing the Slow Red Lizard still does better than others;
I had a knock-down drag-out with Opera 5.x over that, and still
keep getting silly, irritating errors in my hotlist ....

--
RR 'Beartooth' Neuswanger <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Linuxer's Apprentice, Curmudgeon On Line