pcmcia modem, yellow dog 2.3, g3 wallstreet

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Dec 30 07:43:01 2002

On 12/30/02, at 09:07 AM, <joev_nylxs@pipeline.com> said:

>I compiled a new 2.4.20 kernel and included all the pcmcia options. I'm sure
>using one of benh's or bitkeeper kernels from linuxppc.org will have this
>too.This had all the modules I needed to get my pcmcia modem working.

I found out the hard way that the PCMCIA drivers are quite kernel-version specific. If you have trouble with an installed driver, it may be a kernel-version mismatch. I had one that instantly froze the system on card insertion and didn't throw a mismatch error into the log, which made it very hard to find. You may need to compile the PCMCIA stuff. That worked for me. The latest is at sourceforge, pcmcia-cs.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net

-----