Printer reccomendations

Timothy A. Seufert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 2 13:02:01 2002

At 1:22 PM -0500 7/2/02, Clint Weathers wrote:
>Since migrating to the Yosemite, I no longer able to use my trusty
>Personal Laser Printer 320.  School starts for me in a few weeks and
>Ill need to do a fair chunk of printing, Im quite sure.
>
>Can anyone reccomend a printer that works well under USB with YDL2.2?
>
>Or, even better, a way to get my PLP320 working with one of those
>USB-To-Geoport doodads?

Do you mean the Apple Personal LaserWriter 320 (PLW320)?  (I don't
remember there being a PL_P_320)  If so, I once had a PLW320, and I'm
pretty sure it's LocalTalk (aka AppleTalk), not plain GeoPort serial.

If it is LocalTalk, what you really need to use it on a modern
machine is an LocalTalk-to-Ethernet bridge.  Then you would be able
to run AppleTalk over ethernet to access the printer.  To use the
printer under YDL, you'd have to set up the netatalk package for
AppleTalk network / printer support.

Here's one example of such a product:

http://www.proxim.com/products/all/macadapter/pn559/index.html
--