notes

Carlos Pereira yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 2 15:01:01 2002

>I have a TiBook 550 (256MB RAM) and I have recently switched from YDL 2.1
>to 2.2. I have to say that I am very happy with the improved support for
>my hardware. For the first time ever, I have heard a sound emanate from my
>TiBook in Linux (a system bell). Haven't tried to play mp3s but I will
>see.

Sound support for Titanium 550 (the same as mine)
is quite good on YD2.2

You must set the sound server in KDE for 8 bits,
after that sound should work fine on KDE, Gnome,
Enlightenment (I strongly suggest you to try
Enlightenment, the very best interface for
Linux, in my opinion, it really looks great).

All sound and light control keyboard buttons
work fine (actually their visual is much better
than on MacOS X).

On the X front, how is it going? I am running
the framebuffer driver here, with 16 bits.
This is fine, but makes it even more problematic
to transfer the image to an external projector...

>One weird note: when I installed 2.2, it refused to overwrite my
>bootloader, putting the whole installation in jeopardy. Can't remember the
>exact message, but luckily I already had a bootloader in place so after a
>hard reboot I got into YDL no problem. This might be a problem for others
>however.

Could someone inform if this also
happens when going from 2.2 to 2.3?

Carlos