notes and UFS?

William C. Taggart yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 3 00:42:01 2002

> Sound support for Titanium 550 (the same as mine)
> is quite good on YD2.2

yes it is, my mp3s played just fine, which is great. feels like I have a
real system now.

> All sound and light control keyboard buttons
> work fine (actually their visual is much better
> than on MacOS X).

they work fine, but X cannot match Quartz just yet...

> On the X front, how is it going? I am running
> the framebuffer driver here, with 16 bits.
> This is fine, but makes it even more problematic
> to transfer the image to an external projector...

yes I am running at 16 bits also, and it works fine...of course I don't
have a projector so I don't share your problem.

on another topic, I would really like to share documents more easily
between my OS X and Linux partitions. I was thinking of creating a small
UFS partition on the OS X side in order to facilitate this process. Can
YDL read UFS partitions? If so, how would I mount it? just mount
/dev/hda13 or what?

William Taggart
wtaggar@mail.uark.edu
Graduate Student
Department of Anthropology and
King Fahd Center for Middle East and Islamic Studies
University of Arkansas
http://comp.uark.edu/~wtaggar