Accelerated XF4 on Wallstreet - quick rq. for help

Nathan A. McQuillen yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 6 18:15:01 2002

Hey all. This is pure laziness on my part, but I was wondering if anyone
could spare me the search through the archives and let me know:

1. Am I getting accelerated video by default on my Wallstreet 250 under
YDL 2.3?

and,

2. If not, how do I go about getting it?

This machine was donated to me a week or so ago and I've never done
anything with XF86 4.x... found how to set the video resolution easily
enough and I'll be danged if it didn't actually make sense and work,
unlike my experience with X versions < 4, but I don't know if there's a
monolithic X now or if there are still different accelerated versions
that I would have to hunt up.

Thanks a lot for anything anyone could kick me down on this -- don't
bother too much, I'm not going to be playing videos or anything, just
might be nice to get a bit zippier redraws and the like. For all I know,
though, I've already got as accelerated as video gets on this thing, and
I've got to deal with it like a grownup. ;)

- Nathan