Gone Paranoid, cisco info

Eric Scher yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 6 19:16:01 2002

Juan -

I wasn't aware that you had a 600 series router. I wouldn't want to bet my
immortal soul on it but as far as I know the 600 series router, which is kind
of an end of life product now anyway, doesn't have a full IOS.
(Internetwork Operating System)

In fact, I belive the lowest model number that does have the IOS is the 800
series, which goes for about $650.

FWIW, if you're securing a commercial network that has information on it that
really needs to be protected, you might want to consider getting one. That's just
my opinion of course and Linux does have IP chains which you're getting good
advice on.

For future reference the best place to learn the Cisco IOS is in the Sybex books,
which you can get at any bookstore or online at amazon.com where you can search
"sybex ccna"