Why does "xterm" die aborning?

Rick Thomas yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 8 01:02:01 2002

Bill,

Thanks for the tip!  I tried it and it works...  But I still have a
question:  How does "fatal pty error" relate to VT100 eight bit input?  How
in the world could I have been expected to get from the symptoms to the
cure?  How did *you* get from here to there?!!!

I'll accept that there's a lot of "magic" in X-windows, but this seems
genuinely bizarre.  Please enlighten me.

Thanks again for the fix, however you got it!

Rick