making hfs files systems

Juan Manuel Palacios yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 10 08:50:01 2002

	I don't know if I understood your question right, but if you want
to create an HFS filesystem on an empty partition all you have to do is
boot into Mac OS and have it erased through the Finder's erase command.
O.K., maybe you'll first have to use pdisk at the command line in Linux
to create a partition the Mac OS will see and try to mount (and
therefore give you the reformatting options for it). Try issuing "pdisk
-l /dev/hdX" to your drive and you will get a listing of your partition
map. Follow what it says for the valid HFS partitions (the ones on which
you *use* Mac OS) and all that should be left is to reformat it once
booted into Mac OS.

	Hope that helps. If you need tips for working with pdisk then don't
hesitate to ask! Regards,...

		Juan.