making hfs files systems

John Klinck yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 10 06:54:01 2002

  I would like to use a spare partition on my system disk as a way to transfer
between macos and linux. I have looked all over for a means to create an hfs
(not hfs plus) file system on this partition. I have looked around apple and
various shareware archives for some sort of macos9 software to do this. From the
man pages, mkfs, fdisk, parted and so forth can not create hfs or hfs+ file
systems.

  system: Ti powerbook, tripleboot, ydl2.2

  What software on macos9 (9.2) or macosX (10.1.5) can I use to create the hfs
system?

  I was reluctant to use the macos install cdroms for fear of gumming up my
current setup.

  Sorry to ask a slightly off topic question. Thanks in advance for the help.

  John

John M. Klinck
Center for Coastal Physical Oceanography
Department of Ocean, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, Virginia 23529
phone: 757 683-6005, fax: 757 683-5550 email: klinck@ccpo.odu.edu