SMP kernels

Alvaro Zuniga yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 12 18:56:01 2002

Hello Jeremy,
I am running a G$ with dual processor. I  have used the precompiled
version in both 7.2 and 7.3. Besides the fact that I you will not be
able to run mol I have not noticed any problems that I have not
encountered with the regular kernel.

I hope you get it to install. However, install it after you do the
normail install otherwise your computer willl not find the kernel  and
you will have to go to unecessary additional steps. Just install it as
an regular rpm and reboot.

Take care,

Alvaro Zuniga

PS: The coolest thing of an SMP kernel is to boot it!