Compiling an APP

Stefan Hakenberg yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 13 23:05:01 2002

Hello Wallydog,

I am so much a newbie myself that perhaps I shouldn't even answer your
question but I think with more and more experience one tends to forget
the problems of the very beginning and if  I don't answer you now you
may just have to wait a long time untill you get this advice from the
way more experienced YDL-users on this group.

I haven't done much compiling myself but the biggest hurdle for a while
was that I didn't know that in order to do
#./configure
etc I had to cd to the folder where the files were that I wanted to
configure.

Let's say you have downloaded your src.rpms to a folder /etc/newapp/
then you should do
#cd /etc/newapp/
before you
#./configure
and all this, of course, as a root user.

I hope this is true and helps you.

Good Luck!

Stefan