php extensions for ppc?

Keary Suska yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 15 10:13:01 2002

on 7/14/02 5:44 PM, bronto@csd-bes.net purportedly said:

> At 10:52 AM 7/14/02 -0600, you wrote:
>> I don't recall whether PHP compiles in zlib support by default, but even if
>> it does it may skip support if the configure script couldn't find it. To
>> make sure, you would configure with --with-zlib=/path/to/zlib . Which means
>> that you have to recompile.
>
> Shouldn't this show up in phpinfo()?  I see no mention of it
> anywhere.  What section does it show up in, with what label?  I'd rather
> not go through recompiling without confirmation of what the problem is.

It has its own section. If there is no mention of zlib, it is not compiled
in. My configure line shows --with-zlib, so chances are it is not compiled
in by default. You may not have to recompile PHP if you can figure out where
and how PHP compiles zlib support, and compile just that piece as an .so,
then load it in the php.ini. But sounds to me like much more work than just
recompiling.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.