Help! How do I correct messed-up monitor settings

Nathan Mattick yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 16 08:24:01 2002

Folks,

Just installed YDL on my Apple 4400 PPC. Everything went OK until I selected
the wrong monitor setup - or a setup that doesn't work.

I've a Sony CPD-G400 monitor so I set this to 1200x1024 resolution (my MacOS
preferred resolution) and 16-bit colour.

When I boot to Linux_2.2, I have 4!! YDL graphical login windows kind of
blurred across the bottom. I can enter user and password and enter the
desktop but everthing's blurred - it's as if the whole setup is out of sync
and I can't run a terminal window because I can't see any icons or the text.

Question 1: Can I reset the monitor setup without doing a complete
re-install.
Question 2: Is something possible via the kernel options at the BootX
selector?

Any thoughts?
Nathan.