YDL 2.3 Netatalk is BROKEN

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 16 08:50:01 2002

Hi,

I updated to YDL 2.3 recently and found that appletalk access no longer
works. When I try to log in on from Mol onto my home directory, I get the
following error:

"The User Authentication Method required by this server can't be found.
Try looking in the Appleshare folder in the extensions folder."

I installed the old netatalk package from my YDL 2.2 CD and everything works
fine again. I suspect that netatalk doesn't find its own uam libs (located
in /usr/lib, so I know that they are in ld.so.conf).

I saw that they weren't loaded properly in /var/log/messages:

 afpd[32055]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)
 afpd[32055]: uam: uam not found (status=-1)

While the 2.2 version results in:

afpd[32532]: uam: uams_clrtxt.so loaded
afpd[32532]: uam: uams_dhx.so loaded
afpd[32532]: uam: "DHCAST128" available
afpd[32532]: uam: "Cleartxt Passwrd" available

when starting netatalk.

John