Dual 1G and Radeon 7500

Jeremy Mann yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 16 14:27:01 2002

Well after days of scratching my head, I finally have a dual kernel I can
boot too. I did some surfing and found Ben's source tree, compiled it and
WHAMMO, it worked.

Now onto my 2nd problem, X with the Radeon 7500. Right now it works in
8bit color. All other bit depths, I get weird orange and green halves of
the screen and the mouse is a BIG box. I have to SSH in from another
computer and reboot the machine. In 8 bit color depth, when I go to Exit
from either window manager, X locks up and again I have to SSH in and
reboot.

What is the status of this card with YDL 2.3? Will it ever be supported?
Should I just trash the card and buy an ATI Rage128? Thanks for your
thoughts....

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy@biochem.uthscsa.edu