iMac Sound f00bar

Aurel Wisse yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 16 15:22:00 2002

I had the same problem. YDL 2.2 sound working great
with KDE out of the box, then I recompiled a (leaner)
kernel and the sound was gone.

After tinkering for a long time, I figured out that at
certain places PCI support has to be there, too.

Check your .config against the stock .config.

My sound wasn't working at all however, not even
system beeps.

If you don't get it to work, I can send you my
.config.

Other things to check:
Did you compile it as a module? If so, does the module
load automatically when you want to use sound?

Aurel