PMUD shuts down machine on lid closing

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 20 10:25:01 2002

At 21:24 -0700 on 19-7-2002 Joe Buczek wrote:

 > I'd be curious to know what 'Batmon' tells you about the available
 > battery power in your shutdown case. Perhaps the problem is related
 > to an incorrect reading of available power.

Well, when on battery Batmon says something like this:

Time left: 3:09
Current: -1121
Voltage: 16.23

The bar labelled "left" is filled almost completely, in full
accordance to the level shown by the battery_applet (which also runs
on my desktop). The bar labelled "right" is all white (inactive I
suppose).

So, everything looks normal to me (though I don't know the meaning of
the negative "current" field).

In the log, the lid-close event is acknowledged by a line like this:

Jul 20 11:17:59 localhost pmud[2741]: running /etc/power/pwrctl lid-closed battery

and that is the end of it, in the sense that nothing appears between
this and the mentioned system shutdown.

Of course, I cannot tell you if Batmon readings change when the lid is
closed, for obvious reasons...

Thanks again,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.