Drive Full Error! (PBG3 233)

Thomas J. Buhr yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 23 16:52:01 2002

Hi YDL,

I'm brand new to Linux and working through the steps to install YDL 2.3
on my PBG3 (Wall Street edition). After backing up everything, making
3GB available and getting an install disk, I'm glad to say, its almost
a done deal but not quite. The PBG3 is presently configered with 3
partitions, 1 on the internal 2GB drive (for the Mac OS 8.5) and 2 3GB
partitions on an expansion bay 6GB drive. One of these 3GB partitions
is empty and available to YDL.

As I step through the XBoot installer (graphic mode) I get to the
Partition screen and point the installer to the available 3GB partition
however, when trying to ADD the logical partitions it tells me that
"you have used all available space on the drive. To add a new partition
you must delete an old one to make room". This is followed by a "drive
full" alert and a message telling me I need a partition with a mount
point. I have no experience with mount points! I would like to keep my
partitions like they are and not mess with all the files on them. I'm
hoping that drastic measures like re-installing the Mac OS and
re-partitioning my drives is not required.

I'm very much looking forward to YDL giving my Mac new life and
learning Linux. Any advice on how to best proceed is fully appreciated,

Thomas Buhr
--
The fastest email on the Internet!
http://fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own