video problem with ydl 2.3 and xfree86 on powerbook g4

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 24 18:22:00 2002

I am running into video problem trying to install ydl 2.3 on my powerbook G4.  During installation phrase, I cannot use the GUI installer at all.  If I try to use the gui install, the G4 LCD screen will get all mess up (appears to be video sync problem).  Is there any way to get the installer to work in gui mode?  I was able to eventually do the install using the safe text install mode.  But XFree86 is still not working for me.  How do I configure XFree86 for powerbook G4?  I tried the Xconfigurator already.  I was had limited success at getting the XFree86 to run in 8 bit color mode.  The kde desktop also takes for forever to startup.  If some one can share their funcational XFree86 config file for powerbook G4 that would be greatly appreciated too.  My G4 powerbook is the 666mhz variety.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com