let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

Emanuel Mair yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 08:39:01 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:48:16 -0400 A.D.,
R Shapiro <rshapiro@bbn.com>
carved the following runes about
"let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus":

> I want to update from mozilla
> 0.9.9 but I can't seem to find a way to do it without breaking
> nautilus.  I would happily rebuild nautilus-mozilla at the same time
> but I can't find a src rpm that's buildable at all under ydl2.3.

Get Ximian's Nautilus packages, they're built against Moz 1.0.0 (which
they're also distributing). Works perfectly here.
I've learnt that whenever any GNOMEish package delivered with a distro is
plain ancient or FUBARed, getting the Ximian equivalent package usually
helps... :-P I've used Ximian's GNOME distro before, gotta love their Red
Carpet, but on my YDL PowerBook I've finally got GNOME set up the way I
want it, and installing Ximian's version would stuff up menu hierarchies
et c.

ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/ximian-gnome/yellowdog-22-ppc/ (or your closest
mirror)

There's no YDL 2.3-specific Ximian GNOME distro yet, but their 2.2
packages work fine for me at least.

/me is anxiously waiting for someone to package GNOME2 - imagine Nautilus
being at least a 10th as fast and usable as DirOpus Magellan on my
040/25MHz Amiga... ;)

--
e@mair.com        Support free hardware choice and save AmigaOS!