let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 08:50:01 2002

--=-em1Gm2BrzzWawZAhj13v

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 08:48, R Shapiro wrote:
> I asked this question awhile ago and got zero replies.  Is there
> really no one who knows how to do this?  I want to update from mozilla
> 0.9.9 but I can't seem to find a way to do it without breaking
> nautilus.  I would happily rebuild nautilus-mozilla at the same time
> but I can't find a src rpm that's buildable at all under ydl2.3.

Actually, it will NOT break nautilus -- mine works fine and I'm using
moz-1.0.1. What WILL break is galeon and evolution. I do have packages
built including mozilla-1.0.1, evolution-1.0.7 (with actually working
SSL), galeon-1.2.5, and some additional ones. The only problem is that
galeon seems to be a bit crashy for some reason -- I usually can get it
to crash about once a day.

If you want these packages, let me know and I will put them somewhere.
They are from rh rawhide as of about a month ago. I'll see if newer
packages are available that I can rebuild -- maybe that will fix the
problems with galeon I'm seeing.

Regards,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev