let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

Nicolas ROBAUX yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 06:59:01 2002

Le jeu 25/07/2002 =E0 14:50, R Shapiro a =E9crit :
>=20
>=20
> I asked this question awhile ago and got zero replies.  Is there
> really no one who knows how to do this?  I want to update from mozilla
> 0.9.9 but I can't seem to find a way to do it without breaking
> nautilus.  I would happily rebuild nautilus-mozilla at the same time
> but I can't find a src rpm that's buildable at all under ydl2.3.
>=20

What about downloading the tgz file from Mozilla.org ? It installs
itself in a single directory (typically /usr/local/mozilla), without
modifying anything on your system. If you want to launch it, just type
/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla, instead of the usual "mozilla" command.

N.