let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

Konstantin Riabitsev yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 25 14:25:01 2002

--=-uoeh9WoQ67uHdeyxqDI/

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 16:09, R Shapiro wrote:

> Well, not completely. But if you open a nautilus window and try to
> display, say, the Nautilus User Manual (sgml), it will fail.  Other
> nautilus functionality is ok.

Ok, you obviously use Nautilus far more than I do. :) I can't check this
out as my Ti is at home.

>  >  What WILL break is galeon and evolution.=20
>=20
> Are you saying Nautilus uses galeon for html/sgml and if I update
> galeon after updating mozilla, nautilus will be fully functional
> again?  I never use Galeon or Evolution directly.

No, I'm saying that Galeon and Evolution both rely on Mozilla. You can
either upgrade them all, or remove both galeon and evolution before
upgrading -- either way.

> I should be able rebuild them if this is really the source of the
> problem,

I'm not sure what would be involved in rebuilding nautilus with the new
moz. It's probably going to suck. :)

Regards,
--=20
 0>  Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev