B&W physical limitations under YDL

John Allan yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 26 14:40:01 2002

Hi,

Two quick questions,

I wondered if anyone knew if the physical limitations on B&W G3 towers under
Mac OS also applied to YDL?

e.g. does the issue regarding support  / data corruption if two IDE drives
still matter?

Likewise, I think that it was limited to a max 9GB HDs or was that only to
maximum first partition.

300 MHz G3 tower 6GB HD 256 MB RAM all STD inc ZIP drive. YDL v. 2

Secondly,

does YDL use the same ROM [ to put in Apple terms ] for all New World
PowerMacs?

e.g. If I do an install on a B&W, can I pull the HD out and stick it in a G4
graphite with same amount of RAM and expect it to work?

All complete new to me but I reckoned that if I have to learn a new language
what with X coming along then I ought to learn Linux.

Thanks,

John