let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

Emanuel Mair yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 27 09:04:01 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:15:34 -0400 A.D.,
R Shapiro <rshapiro@bbn.com>
carved the following runes about
"Re: let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking
nautilus":

> As someone else mentioned earlier, updating mozilla also breaks
> galeon.  I hadn't used galeon before that, but I gave it a try as part
> of this discussion.  Seems like a very nice minimalist browser.  I
> tried installing the ximian release, but it needs the newer (ximian)
> GConf, which may in turn trigger a whole series of further
> dependencies (or may not - I haven't checked yet).

There's an rpm of the latest stable Galeon (1.2.5) in YDL 2.2 contrib as
well. That's the one I'm using without problems. No src.rpm though, at
least not at the mirror I'm using (can't access YDL's own ftp site right
now).

Yeah, IMO Galeon is the nicest thing to come out of the Mozilla project...
;) Couldn't live without it.

--
e@mair.com        Support free hardware choice and save AmigaOS!