let's try this again: how to update mozilla without breaking nautilus

R Shapiro yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 26 14:14:01 2002

Emanuel Mair writes:
 > [seehund@maskintorsk seehund]$ rpm -qa | grep ximian
 > nautilus-devel-1.0.6-12.ximian.14
 > eel-1.0.2-6a.ximian.12
 > nautilus-1.0.6-12.ximian.14
 > nautilus-mozilla-1.0.6-12.ximian.14
 > eel-devel-1.0.2-6a.ximian.12
 >
 > That's all I'm using from Ximian.

Seems to work fine with my mozilla 1.0.0 builds.

As someone else mentioned earlier, updating mozilla also breaks
galeon.  I hadn't used galeon before that, but I gave it a try as part
of this discussion.  Seems like a very nice minimalist browser.  I
tried installing the ximian release, but it needs the newer (ximian)
GConf, which may in turn trigger a whole series of further
dependencies (or may not - I haven't checked yet).

I'll try to get a working galeon eventually, but for now I'm happy to
have a fully functional nautilus along with mozilla 1.0.0.  Many
thanks for all the suggestions posted in response to my query.

--
rshapiro@bbn.com