WaveLan card help

Unix Newbie yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 29 11:10:01 2002

Hello all,

   I believe I have a pretty basic question here, but I can't seem to
find the answer. I've been trying to get my WaveLAN card to work with my
G3 FireWire (Pismo) labtop with YDL 2.3.

I don't know if I am not getting my PCMCIA slot working or if I am not
getting the card, working. I know both actually function because I also
have a Mac OS on there where it works great. I have changed the settings
in the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to the right memory and port like the
'how to' says. And I also made a new interface (by coping the ifcfg-eth0
to ifcfg-eth1 and changing the settings like you would for an airport
card) then did a modprob for wavelan_cs. Now, I when I stop and start
network and/or card services, nothing. I'm doing something wrong, and
I'm not quite sure what. I checked out Paul Lucas's page and tried to
make a location, but still I can't seem to get any lights or any
hardware readout on the card. (I've checked the gnome gui networking
config app). Any help would be really appreciated!

  Thanks in advance,
           Terry.