WaveLan card help

Neill Miller yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 29 11:30:01 2002

On Thu, 08 Jan 1970 22:17:59 -0800
"Unix Newbie" <chaostech@earthlink.net> wrote:

> And I also made a new interface (by coping the ifcfg-eth0
> to ifcfg-eth1 and changing the settings like you would for an airport
> card) then did a modprob for wavelan_cs. Now, I when I stop and start
> network and/or card services, nothing. I'm doing something wrong, and
> I'm not quite sure what. I checked out Paul Lucas's page and tried to
> make a location, but still I can't seem to get any lights or any
> hardware readout on the card. (I've checked the gnome gui networking
> config app). Any help would be really appreciated!

Sound like you've already downloaded the pcmcia-cs code from:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2405

And I assume your kernel already has proper support...
If that's the case, don't worry about faking out the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 device.  Just reboot with the
card in the machine and start the pcmcia service (i.e.
/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start).  After that, you may need to run either
"dhcpcd eth1" or "pump eth1" to get the DHCP IP Address (otherwise use
ifconfig as normal).  The card should have blinking lights before the IP
address is set.  Good luck!

Best regards,
-Neill.

--