minicom on TiBook (entrega adapter)

Mark T. Valites yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 30 06:09:01 2002

Sorry I can't help with the existing problem, but you reminded me a need
to get serial going on my TiBook...

I have a USB to serial converter sitting made by entrega.  It's even still
in the box.  Yesterday one of the switches here at work blew out & I had
to grab a PC laptop just for the serial port.  As you can imagine, it
weighs a little more than my TiBook, and doesn't have linux installed.
Will this entrega converter work?  Are there docs anywhere?  Do I need a
quick kernel compile to make it go?

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Jim Potter wrote:

> I've configured a TiBook 667 (YDL 2.3) to use a Keyspan USA-19QW
> USB-to-serial adaptor, and it works great - except for one real
> annoyance:  after running minicom once, it cannot get the lock back on
> the /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 file, and I have to reboot to use minicom again.
> Unplugging & re-plugging the USB cable is a no-helper.
>
> [root]# minicom
> Device /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 lock failed: Operation not permitted
> [root]#
>
> It's a standard 2.3 install ("everything"), with Linux driver code from
> the Keyspan website compiled into the kernel that the 2.3 install placed
> in /usr/src/linux (2.4.19, as I recall).  Folks, what am I missing?
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Jim Potter