minicom on TiBook

Jim Potter yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 29 18:23:01 2002

I've configured a TiBook 667 (YDL 2.3) to use a Keyspan USA-19QW
USB-to-serial adaptor, and it works great - except for one real
annoyance:  after running minicom once, it cannot get the lock back on
the /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 file, and I have to reboot to use minicom again.
Unplugging & re-plugging the USB cable is a no-helper.

[root]# minicom
Device /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 lock failed: Operation not permitted
[root]#

It's a standard 2.3 install ("everything"), with Linux driver code from
the Keyspan website compiled into the kernel that the 2.3 install placed
in /usr/src/linux (2.4.19, as I recall).  Folks, what am I missing?
Thanks!

--
Sincerely,

Jim Potter