UPDATE Re: PowerBook Wall Street Server (NO SLEEP EVER)???

Preston Wilson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 30 14:33:01 2002

All -

Further information regarding the issue I've been experiencing (below):

o  I no longer seem to be able to ping the PowerBook from outside
   the local network when it is ignoring network traffic.  Either the
   situation has changed, or I was mistaken before; I'm betting on
   the latter.  This means that the PowerBook is completely ignoring
   traffic from outside its subnet until it gets traffic from its
   subnet, then it "wakes" up for a while.

o  Removing pmud from the startup items did not resolve the issue;
   it makes the system more like a desktop system in that the display
   stays on when the screen is closed, but it still blanks the display
   after a period of console inactivity.

Does this sound like a wake-on-lan issue?  Is that possible?  How can I
make it go away?

Preston