Has anyone tried installing on an Xserve?

Jeff Johnson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 30 18:06:00 2002

Darren,

	It doesn't work *YET*. The IDE chipset in the XServe is not open so the
nice folks at Terrasoft are burning some braincells. You will get more
intelligent answers from them directly. I just responded because I was
in the same place you are a couple of weeks ago.

Jeff

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 15:42, Darren Ferwerda wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck, or even tried installing on an Xserve?
> I am not familiar with what may or may not be different on the Xserve as opposed to an iBook. I have not looked or played with one of these, so I may be asking a stupid question. To my way of thinking, there should not be anything that should differ architecturally from the desktops to this machine. Anyway, any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
>
> Darren

Best Regards,

Jeff Johnson
Vice President
Engineering/Technology
Western Scientific, Inc
jeff@wsm.com
http://www.wsm.com

9445 Farnham Street - San Diego, CA 92123
Tel 800.443.6699  +001.858.565.6699
Fax +001.858.565.6938

"Habit is a gift from heaven, meant as a substitute for happiness."
-Aleksandr Pushkin, Eugene Onegin - Book II