building xtunes under ydl?

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 31 12:01:07 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:44:23PM -0400, R Shapiro wrote:
> Shawn Coomey writes:
>  > I made an attempt myself, and ran into the same problems.
>  > After about an hour of frustration, I gave up. Perhaps we
>  > can encourage the developers to release some YDL RPM's?
>
> I just looked more closely at the list of required packages, I noticed
> that at least one, libCommonC++ is Mandrake-specific: no RedHat binary
> package seems to exist and the .src.rpm doesn't build.  There are
> Mandrake binary rpms at rpmfind but I assumed those wouldn't work in a
> RedHat/YellowDog system.  Or will they?

You can always build commonc++ from source.  The configure script says it's
available at: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/commonc++/  I downloaded the latest
version and it built perfectly, except the newest version is 0.99.6 and not
the "required" 1.9.0.  I'm assuming that since this package provides
ccgnu2-config instead of ccgnu-config that it's on it's second generation.

Maybe Iain can check which version he has that was able to make it build.

-ken