PCI Nic recomendations

Iain Stevenson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jun 1 13:34:01 2002

Reading the number on the Ethernet controller chip is your only guarantee
of a tulip!

I have a Farallon Fast EtherTX-10/100 which is a Tulip and has worked
perfectly from day one in one of my 9600s.

I also have a Netgear 10/100 Ethernet Network Card (bought from Fry's when
I was on your side of the pond) Model FA311.  That's a bit fussy ie it
doesn't work with one port on my hub.  However, the driver's had a bit of
work done on it recently so it may be better.  The card uses a Natsemi
driver.

  Iain

--On Saturday, June 01, 2002 14:00:01 -0500 Robert Serphillips