2.2 install on B/W G3 freezes at setup_arch:bootmem

A R yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 08:13:01 2002

Dear Tim,

Thanks for the kind email.
I completed the CPU swap, and no change.
The problem stays with the motherboard.

I have begun to suspect the "CUDA switch".
I have read that the CUDA switch resets the
real-time clock, and that bootmem will hang
if the real-time clock is messed up.

I see two silver buttons near the "plus" labelof the
battery.  Pressing them didn't do anything
helpful.  They appear to be "power on" and "reset"
functionality only.

Do you have info on how to reset the CUDA?
Other ideas?

Thanks very much for the help,
Andrew