YDL 2.2 and PpwerMac 7500

Mark Walker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 15:05:01 2002

I'm trying to install YDL Linux 2.2 on my PowerMac 7500.  I've had experience in installing RedHat 6, 6.1, 7, 7.2 and Mandrake 8.2 on x86 boxes.
The Mac has a G3/400 upgrade card from Sonnet, Voodoo 3 2000 videocard, Belkin PCI USB card, 256MB RAM, a generic 19" monitor, a WD 9100 scsi HDD (9.1GB)scsi bus 0 and id 0, and a Fujitsu 4.5 GB scsi HDD scsi bus 0 and id 1.
I'm running Mac OS 9.0.4 and using BootX 1.2.2
When ever I try to install (using the text installer as the gui does not display), it fails due to a segmentation fault.  It has happened as early as booting the install kernel (vmlinux 2.2)prior to inserting the install cd or as late as installing the packages from the cd.
The cd I'm using is a downloaded iso burned on a Win2000 box using Nero.
I'd appreciate any help.