2.2 install on B/W G3 freezes at setup_arch:bootmem

A R yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 17:12:01 2002

Dear Tim,

Thanks for the instructions on "logic board reset".
I followed these instructions, and left the computer
off for an hour.  When I put the battery back in,
the power on button didn't start anything.  But the
"power on" silver button on the motherboard started
the system up.

Still no boot from 2.2 install CD.  Same freeze
at setup_arch:bootmem.

I will now leave the battery out overnight as you
suggested.  However, the system seems to have been
reset fully by waiting an hour, so any additional
suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for all the help!
Andrew