Backup devices - and software?

bronto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 3 18:35:01 2002

This all rings sooo true!  I gave up on tape for these very reasons
about 6 years ago but had hoped/assumed that the technology had
straightened itself out by now.  I guess not.  Even if the technology
in *in theory* works well, the media itself is so inherently fragile
I was always fearful that just transporting them off site in a hot
car would ruin them.

Maybe cdr is the best solution?

If I'm looking at CDR then, what software works the best backing up to them?

Rob