installing kde3

Marc Stergionis yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 13:21:01 2002

At sometime around 3:12 PM -0400 on 6/4/02, robeert e nuzum wrote thus:
>This is probably a simple question  for those with more experience with
>Linux than me, but: I have downloaded all the  packages for kde3 to
>/home/bob/kde3. I cd to this destination as root and type L"rpm
>--replacefiles -i *" and then receive the message with a list  of failed
>dependencies: xml -common   is needed by docbook -dts-1.08. sgml-common >=
>0.6.3-4 is needed by docbook-dtds-1.0-8 and three more dependencies needed.
>What  do I do now. Which files must I rm to continue as per how-to?

You rm the ones that do the "needing" ie.

docbook-dtds-r.0-8

because it has an unmet dependency and any others with similar
problems. I think I remember that one and a few others, on my install
but removing them allowed KDE3 to install and run nicely.

YDL has a "how-to" at

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_2.2/kde3.shtml>

HTH

-ms
--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis