why not OS X?

Christopher Murtagh yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 14:22:01 2002

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, will taggart wrote:
>In OS X i have no hardware problems, I can listen to my mp3s, I could
>watch DVDs if I had a player, I have access to an exploding number of
>bsd ports, text looks 1000% better on OS X (and this is important since
>I am a writer/graduate student), my modem and ethernet work just fine,
>etc, etc.

 Then why are you using Linux? Linux is an operating system for people who
want/need to change the way it behaves. It is by far a more scaleable
operating system than OS X will ever hope to be (Linux runs on i386
hand-helds to 24 CPU Sparc machines). If you find it a pain, there's a
simple solution... don't use it cuz it isn't for everyone, nor does it
need to try to be for everyone.

 User friendly is great for my mother, but my mother and I have very
different needs for our computers. I don't particularily like waiting 10
seconds to load a web page that loads in less than 1 on just about any
other platform.

 http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/user-friendly.html

> So what is the point? I personally hope that Jobs and co.
>release OS X x86 and take over the world. But who asked me?

 Steve Jobs is just another Bill Gates that failed at dominating the
market.

Cheers,

Chris