why not OS X?

George Mogiljansky yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 14:57:00 2002

Sorry, Chris. You're a nice guy, burned me a copy of
YD 2.1 (couldn't get it to dial-up on my Beige G3,
though).
The difference between Uncle Bill and SJ is far more
than that. There isn't enough bandwidth to go into
details. (The proposed and soon to be executed
download limits in Canada are (I really hope not) the
greatest threat to the 'Net and thousands of jobs).
 OSX (to stay on topic) is SJ's back door attempt to
usurp Linux (he offered L.Torvalds a 'job', who
refused, but another lesser light from the Open Source
crowd did join Apple). The NeXT experience (mostly
black ops for the US govt.) is now a consumer product.
M$ gets to copy the ideas dreamt up by Apple (almost
for free  - give or take $150 million by Billy to
stave off bankruptcy).
Life goes on - except for the download limits.
Sorry if I ramble..
George (who never bought a Mac that SJ signed off on)

--- Christopher Murtagh

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/user-friendly.html

> > So what is the point? I personally hope that Jobs
> and co.
> >release OS X x86 and take over the world. But who
> asked me?
>
>  Steve Jobs is just another Bill Gates that failed
> at dominating the
> market.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Chris

=====
/'\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ / No HTML/RTF in email
 X  No Word docs in email
/ \ Respect for open standards

Love your neighbour as yourself. (from Luke 10:27)