PowerMac 5400 as server/gateway?

Sam Moore yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 5 07:50:01 2002

At 1:50 AM -0700 6/5/02, Timothy A. Seufert wrote:
>At 9:25 AM +0200 6/5/02, =C5ke Svensson wrote:
>>Checked in the old "Guru" from Newer Tech and it states that the 5400/120
>>has PCI, but is there an available slot? If there is,  you could by a seco=
nd
>>NIC. Search this list for suitable one, although I can recommend a RTL8139
>>NIC for a recent kernel.
>
>It's a PCI based motherboard for sure, but I don't remember whether
>those all-in-one form factor Macs gave access to a slot.  If it does
>have a free slot, a PCI NIC is quite easy to add as you say.

According to Everymac, there aren't any slots free on this machine:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/stats/powermac_5400_120.html

--
Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
=46or the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."