WindowMaker and One-Button Mice

Ken Schweigert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 5 09:11:01 2002

I've finally got XFree86-4.2.0 working with my 15" flat panel; thanks to
trance from #ppclinux for the config file.  :)

Since I wanted things to be zippy, I decided to use WindowMaker for my
window manager.  It works great except for one little issue:  the F12
key, which is used to bring up the menu list, is also the same key
that is used for the right-mouse-click.  I've gotten really used to
(read "dependant on") highlighting text and then hitting F12 to paste.

WindowMaker has a config utility that will allow you to change the
key bindings, so I changed it from F12 to F9.  Now I have two keys
that will bring up the menu; both F12 and F9.  WindowMaker doesn't
want to let go of F12.

I see it as I have two options, 1) make WindowMaker work, or 2) change
the F12 right-mouse binding.  Since making WindowMaker work seems like
the simplest solution, I ask a list where single-button mice aren't
an oddity.

Any help is much appreciated.

WindowMaker 0.65.1
XFree86 4.2.0
YellowDogLinux 2.0

--
-Ken Schweigert, Padawan Network Administrator
Byte Productions, LLC